Yahoo Search Búsqueda en la Web

Resultado de búsqueda

  1. Mount Vernon Seminary and College. The Mount Vernon Seminary and College was a private women's college in Washington, D.C. It was purchased by George Washington University in 1999, and became the Mount Vernon Campus of The George Washington University. Founding of Mount Vernon Seminary and 204 F Street, NW[ edit]

  2. Mount Vernon Seminary and College. The University Archives preserves and upholds the legacy of Mount Vernon Seminary and College, an all-women’s educational institution founded in 1875 that became part of the George Washington University in 1999.

  3. For over 120 years, Mount Vernon Seminary and, later, Mount Vernon College were private institutions for the education of women in D.C. In 1997, Mount Vernon College became part of GW; its grounds are now known as the Mount Vernon Campus. The following is a chronology of key events in the history of Mount Vernon.

  4. The Mount Vernon Seminary began in 1875 as a private high school and junior college for women, founded by Elizabeth J. Somers. The George Washington University initially affiliated with Mount Vernon College, and ultimately acquired the college's property and legacy in 1999.

  5. 9 de mar. de 2015 · By Brittney Dunkins. Founded in 1877, the Mount Vernon Seminary and College—now the George Washington University Mount Vernon Campus — hit its stride in the 1930s, producing hundreds of women scholars and making plans to expand its campus and programs.

  6. The Mount Vernon Seminary was officially established by Elizabeth Somers in 1875 and a two year junior college was added in 1927. The Junior College remained open until 1969, when Mount Vernon College became a four-year unversity. The university was an independent institution until 1999, when it became affilated with The George Washington ...

  7. Abstract. This collection contains the course catalogues of the Mount Vernon Seminary, the Mount Vernon Junior College, and the Mount Vernon College. The Mount Vernon Seminary was officially established by Elizabeth Somers in 1875, and was a six-year prepatory institution for young women.